Youth Axis provides an early intervention service for young people presenting with ultra-high risk of psychosis and/or features of an emotionally unstable personality disorder. Youth Axis targets young people who have not had extensive treatment by a specialist mental health service for these presenting problems, and will see people for up to 6 months.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for service:
- The young person is residing in stable accommodation in the Perth Metropolitan area.
- 16 to 24 years old.
- Help accepting.
- Early intervention.
- Ultra-high risk of psychosis. Unusual and out of character thoughts and /or behaviour.
- Features of an emotionally unstable personality disorder (which include a combination of):
- suicidal ideation and/or self-harming
- risk taking / impulsivity
- emotional instability
- impaired sense of self
- impairment in interpersonal functioning
- separation insecurity: fears of abandonment by significant others
- Continual psychotic symptoms for more than 7 days;
- Needs are better met by another service.
- Assessment; Evidence based counselling, skills based therapy and psycho-education; psychosocial support; Outreach; Transitional support; and Consultative advice and support to other agencies including collaborative clinical interventions and projects.
Referral information for Youth Axis, YouthLink and YouthReach South:
- An integrated triage and entry process exists between YouthLink, YouthReach South and Youth Axis.
- Type referral details in an Electronic Referral form (Word) that is subsequently sent to the Service by email.
- Hand write referral details in this Referral form (PDF) which needs to be printed, scanned and sent to the Service by email.
- Referrals/Triage phone: 1300 362 569
- Email referral form to: email@example.com
- Fax referral form to: 9287 5762
Address: 32-34 Salvado Road, Wembley WA 6014
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Phone: 9287 5700