To ensure we provide high quality, contemporary care, NMHS MH involves Consumers and carers at all levels of policy, planning and clinical service improvement.
There are a number of different ways you can get involved:
- You can work in a paid role as consumer or carer representative for the mental health service on committees, service improvement projects and other projects such as auditing.
- You can join a monthly advisory group at your local clinical service where consumers and carers provide their local services with advice and opinions. There is the opportunity to raise ideas for service improvement and to work with your local service on achieving these.
- Some services conduct consumer and/or carer forums on specific topics to seek views, opinions and input into service changes.
- We have consumer feedback forms where you can provide compliments, complaints and feedback on your experiences of our services – this is a formal process where we will respond to you within a time frame.
- We conduct an annual survey which allows you to give feedback on your experience of our services – we don’t respond to you but we collate survey responses and suggestions and use it to make changes to our services.
- The Patient Opinion website it a public feedback site where you can leave feedback and we will respond publicly to your comments.
- You can be a Carer. See About being a Carer at NMHS MH.
You can access the FACES newsletters for consumers, families and carers and other resources and useful links.
For more information or to get involved, please speak to your local service or contact the Stakeholder Liaison Officer.