About Mental Health
Role and Function
North Metropolitan Health Service (NMHS) Mental Health aims to provide best practice, specialised mental health services to the people of Western Australia in collaborative partnership with consumers and their carers and families and other service providers.
NMHS Mental Health is part of North Metropolitan Health Service which includes the Graylands, Sir Charles Gairdner, Osborne Park, and St John of God Midland Public Hospitals and associated health services, Joondalup Health Campus and NMHS Population and Ambulatory Care Division. Services are delivered through inpatient units, community mental health centres and day therapy and outreach programs to a catchment area of almost 1 million people.
NMHS Mental Health is committed to the ongoing development and improvement of mental health services in Western Australia in line with relevant national and State policies, plans and frameworks.
Programs and services include:
- Youth Mental Health Program (13 to 24 years)
- Adult Mental Health Program (18 to 65 years)
- Older Adult Mental Health Program (over 65 years)
- Forensic Mental Health Services
- Statewide/Tertiary Services.
Child and adolescent mental health services are provided by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.
NMHS Mental Health services are accessed by referral from a range of health care providers.
The NMHS Mental Health Executive Group, led by the Executive Director, has responsibility for the operations of NMHS Mental Health.
NMHS Vision Statement
To reform and deliver sustainable services responsive to the needs of our consumers.
To provide the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people.
- Respect for patients and their families
- Respect for staff
- Respect for diversity
- Respect for innovation and change
- Respect for ethics, honesty and integrity
- Respect for community and clinical partners
- Respect for scholarship and the academic basis of health care.
For further information contact:
North Metropolitan Health Service Mental Health
54 Salvado Road, Wembley WA 6014
Ph: (08) 9380 7700
Fax: (08) 9380 7719