YouthReach South is a specialist mental health service providing counselling, therapy and case management to young people aged 13-24 years in the South Metropolitan area with serious mental health problems and barriers to accessing mainstream services. Barriers typically include homelessness and transience, limited support networks, cultural barriers including ATSI identity and marginalisation due to diverse sexuality and gender.
YouthReach South provides a welcoming, trauma-informed, flexible approach with assertive outreach to support engagement. Services are provided by clinical psychologists, social workers, clinical nurses and ATSI mental health practitioners, with limited psychiatry services also available.
- Assessment; Intensive case management and psychosocial support; Assertive outreach; Evidence based counselling, psychotherapy and psycho-education; Transitional support; Consultative advice and support to other agencies including collaborative clinical interventions and projects; and In-reach to the state-wide homeless youth facility – Ngatti (includes: comprehensive psychiatric care, medication prescribing, metabolic screening and depot administration).
Referral information for Youth Axis, YouthLink and YouthReach South:
- An integrated triage and entry process exists between YouthLink, YouthReach South and Youth Axis.
- Type referral details in an Electronic Referral form (Word) that is subsequently sent to the Service by email.
- Hand write referral details in this Referral form (PDF) which needs to be printed, scanned and sent to the Service by email.
- Referrals/Triage phone: 1300 362 569
- Email referral form to: email@example.com
- Fax referral form to: 9287 5762
Address: Level 2/25 Wentworth Parade, Success WA 6164
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Phone: 9499 4274
Fax: 9287 5760