YouthLink is a specialist mental health service providing counselling, therapy and case management to young people aged 13-24 years in the North Metropolitan area with serious mental health problems and barriers to accessing mainstream services. Barriers typically include homelessness and transience, limited support networks, cultural barriers including Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI) identity and marginalisation due to diverse sexuality and gender.
YouthLink provides a welcoming, trauma-informed, flexible approach with assertive outreach to support engagement. Services are provided by clinical psychologists, social workers, clinical nurses and ATSI mental health practitioners, with limited psychiatry services also available.
- Assessment; Intensive case management and psychosocial support; Assertive outreach; Evidence based counselling, psychotherapy and psycho-education; Transitional support; Consultative advice and support to other agencies including collaborative clinical interventions and projects; and Training (via a calendar of regular training events) and consultation for other services who work with at-risk youth.
Referral information for Youth Axis, YouthLink and YouthReach South:
- An integrated triage and entry process exists between YouthLink, YouthReach South and Youth Axis.
- Type referral details in an Electronic Referral form (Word) that is subsequently sent to the Service by email.
- Hand write referral details in this Referral form (PDF) which needs to be printed, scanned and sent to the Service by email.
- Referrals/Triage phone: 1300 362 569
- Email referral form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax referral form to: 9287 5762
Address: 223 James Street, Northbridge WA 6003
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Phone: 9227 4300
Fax: 9328 5911