Feedback, compliments and complaints
We welcome all feedback, compliments and complaints and all are taken seriously. Your feedback is important because it lets us know what is working well and what can be improved.
Feedback may be given:
- over the phone via the Stakeholder Liaison Office on (08) 9242 9612
- in writing using our feedback form, simply hand the form to a staff member on site or mail to Stakeholder Liaison Officer, REPLY PAID 83619, Private Bag No.1
P.O. Claremont WA 6910 (NO STAMP REQUIRED)
- in writing by email to feedback.NMHSMH@health.wa.gov.au
- via this website
- in person by speaking directly to a staff member about your feedback.
Who can help?
Speak with the staff involved or to a senior staff member. Alternatively ask to speak to the Stakeholder Liaison Officer.
To help us understand your feedback, please let us know:
- what occurred and when, with dates and times if possible and who was involved
- what you would like to happen as a result of sharing your feedback.
Feedback can be provided anonymously however if you wish to be contacted about your feedback, please provide your contact details. Your contact information will also help us to investigate your concerns.
Compliment or suggestion
If you would like to pass on your thanks to the staff who cared for you, or if you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please let us know.
Concerns or complaints
If you are unhappy with our service, please let us know.
- we will contact you to let you know we have received your complaint
- formal complaints will be investigated within 30 working days in accordance with the WA Health Complaints Management Policy. If there are delays, we will let you know
- You will be given the name and contact details of a person to speak to during the process
- You will be informed of the outcome, either by letter or telephone, unless indicated otherwise. You can then respond or ask for further information if you wish
- Your complaint will not be included in your medical record and is confidential
- Making a complaint will not impact any future care or treatment.
Other ways to be involved or share information at NMHS Mental Health
- If you are interested in joining a local Consumer Advisory Group (CAG) speak to a staff member on site.
External advocacy and support
If you require external advocacy and support with the complaint process, contact the Mental Health Advocacy Service (external site)
Mental Health Advocacy Service
Address: 6/18 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005
Freecall: 1800 999 057
Phone: 08 6234 6300
If you are unable to resolve your complaint through our process or are unhappy with the response provided, contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) (external site) for an independent review:
GPO Box B61, Perth WA 6838
Phone: 6551 7600
Facsimile: 6551 7630
Teletext phone: 6551 7640
Freecall: 1800 813 583
- Mental Health Advocacy Service
- Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO)
- Mental Health Law Centre
- Mental Health Commission
- Health Consumers Council
- Please note that under the new Mental Health Act 2014, the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist no longer manages complaints relating to mental health services. These complaints should instead be directed to HaDSCO (MHA 2014, Part 19).