About Mental Health
Role and Function
North Metropolitan Health Service (NMHS) Mental Health aims to provide best practice, specialised mental health services supported by strategic planning in partnerships with service providers to the people of Western Australia.
NMHS Mental Health is part of North Metropolitan Health Service which includes the Graylands, Sir Charles Gairdner, Osborne Park, Swan District and Kalamunda Hospitals and associated health services, Joondalup Health Campus and NMHS Population and Ambulatory Care Division.
NMHS Mental Health is committed to the ongoing development and improvement of mental health services in Western Australia inline with relevant National and State policies, plans and frameworks.
- Adult Mental Health Service (18 to 65 years)
- Older Adult Mental Health Service (over 65 years)
- Statewide Forensic Mental Health Services
- Statewide/Tertiary Services
- Infant Child Adolescent and Youth Mental Health Services are now provided by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.
Services are delivered through inpatient units, community mental health centres, and day therapy and outreach programs to a catchment area of more than 800,000 people.
Statewide/Tertiary Services include the Specialist Aboriginal Mental Health Services, Clinical Research Centre, Centre for Clinical Interventions, Neurosciences, art therapy and other specialised services, many of them based at the Graylands Hospital campus.
NMHS Mental Health services are accessed by referral from a range of health care providers.
The NMHS Mental Health Executive Group, led by the Area Executive Director (PDF), has responsibility for the operations of NMHS Mental Health.
NMHS Vision Statement
To reform and deliver sustainable services responsive to the needs of our consumers.
To provide the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
- Respect for patients and their families
- Respect for staff
- Respect for diversity
- Respect for innovation and change
- Respect for ethics, honesty and integrity
- Respect for community and clinical partners
- Respect for scholarship and the academic basis of health care
For Further Information
North Metropolitan Health Service Mental Health
83 Fairfield St Mt Hawthorn WA 6016
Ph: (08) 9242 9642
Fax: (08) 92429644
Email: NMHS, Mental Health Exec Secretary